This carrot cake is so delicious and clean that your body and taste buds are going to love it...
- 500 grams home made almond meal
- 100 grams unrefined coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 medium size carrot (grated)
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of runny honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon powder
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a wooden spoon, then add the honey and the coconut oil. Once combined, add the almond meal and the remaining ingredients.
Line a non-stick cake tin with baking powder and pour in the mixture.
Reduce oven to 150 degrees C and bake the cake for 30 to 45 minutes. Test with a skewer to check if cooked.
Let the cake cool, then turn it out of the tin and onto a plate.
Serve with seasonal fresh fruit and kefir.