Created to compliment any one on a detox or clean eating journey or even certain health conditions. Its guilt free and so delicious....
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- 4 cups grated peeled carrots
- 1 cup almond milk ( I used home made almond milk recipe provided in previous blog)
- 2 tablespoons Xylitol sweetner
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Place the whole almonds in a pan and slowly cook over medium heat until the oil of the almonds begin to be released. Blend the almonds into a meal. Melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the carrots and cook for 10 minutes stirring constantly. Stir the milk and the blended almonds into the carrot mixture. Simmer for further 10 minutes add the Xylitol sweeter and the vanilla essence and stir for 5 minutes or until a sticky paste s formed. Cool. Roll into small balls and garnish with the lemon zest icing. Chill until firm.
Lemon Zest and Coconut oil Icing
- Zest of one whole lemon chopped finely or grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil solidified
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk just the top thick milk not the water
- 1 tablespoon Xylitol
Place the Zest of lemon and the remaining ingredients in a Nutri-Bullet blend and... voila ... you have a dairy, gluten and refined sugar free icing