These sausage rolls were created with health in Mind and not compensating on taste and flavour.... Are you ready... lets go.....
This recipe will yield 20 pieces.
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs of choice ( I used, rosemary, thyme, oregano and parsley)
- 100 g raw walnuts
- 95 g quinoa flakes or rolled oats (I used quinoa flakes)
- 3 free range eggs
- 150 g fetta cheese (or 4 tablespoons of olive oil)
- 1 tbsp Tamari sauce (or I used Braggs sauce)
- 45 g organic rice crumbs (I made my own)
- 20 sheets Filo pastry without butter
- sesame seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Place onion and fresh herbs in the food processor and process until combined. I have used the Thermomix.
3. Add walnuts, quinoa flakes and chop until combined
4. Add eggs, cheese, Braggs sauce, ricecrumbs and mix to combine.
5. Cut thawed Filo pastry in a half on a working bench
6. Place 1/6th of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, cut into four equal portions, brush the tops with 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Place sausage rolls on a lined baking tray, brush with beaten egg and score with a knife. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes at 200 degC until crisp and golden.
Serve with the lean green dip from my ebook recipe book... and ENJOY great for vegetarians or anyone who loves wholesome foods.