TEFF ... is an Ethiopian grain and one of the few grains to contain vitamin K, which is needed for blood clotting and bone health. Teff, is also high in vitamin B, iron, fibre and calcium... making it a new SUPERFOOD contender for 2016. Teff is easily digestable .... this beauty can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Its a great snack for those wanting to loseweight and keeping it off....
- 1 medium sized apple (green skin on)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons 100 percent cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup SoGood unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch pink salt
- 150 grams cooked sweet potato kumara
- 1 cup Teff
Place all the above ingredients in a food processor. Process until combined. Place the combined mixture in a foil try and bake for 20 -30 minutes on 180 degrees. Once cooked, let it cool completely. Cut into squares sprinked with shredded coconut and almond butter. Voila.